Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Cat spit.


Most will see this picture and respond with " OMG what  cute kitty!" I, on the other hand, shake my head in disgust. Here is season two, to my short series of things that may make me weird.

Before I begin, I should say that I have four cats, or rather my family does. They are sweet animals for the most part and I do love my cats for their personality. However, they are still disgusting animals.

The majority of cats relieve themselves in kitty-litter boxes, which are not cleaned on a day to day basis. Therefore, those cats are walking around in their own urine and feces. Yum! Not to mention that cat feces contains the T. gondii parasite, which if one's immune system cannot handle it, can cause flu-like systems, schizophrenia, or death. Sweet!!

You ever tried to give a cat a bath? It's nearly impossible. But, hang in there, they self clean...with their saliva. So, cats are covered in their own spit? Mmm delicious.

So, remember next time you cuddle up to your little furball, that your cuddling up to cat urine, feces, and spit. Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment