Friday, September 11, 2015

In my galaxy


9/11/15
                                                 " I never got to say goodbye

                                              I never saw you close your eyes 
I know one day way beyond this life
We'll be burning bright
Forever shining"
Those words rang clear from my computer that night, as they do every second of everyday in my mind. I knew the band, however I had never heard that song until the night I got possibly the worst news I will ever hear in my life.
    That sounded really cheesy. I don't know,, it just didn't sound like me..Maybe I should start again. 
      I was listening to Galaxy by Like a Storm. I knew the band and the majority of their songs by heart, however for some reason I hadn't heard that song before. Part of me hates that song, just as that same part of me hates that part of life and that other person involved.( will explain later) My phone started going off, which irritated me, because hey I was in the middle of jamming out! I almost didn't check it, but I did, and I'm glad I did. Time stopped when I read the message..my best friend had just been murdered..
     Here's a little background information on our life together...Joey and I had met in fourth grade and instantly clicked. He was a trouble makes, as was I. Although he was almost constantly in trouble, and caused a lot of havoc, he had the truest heart I had ever met. He and I were inseparable; like one person.
    At four PM on August 7th of last year, Joey was stabbed to death at Pheasant Run apartments in Nixa, MO. He was 15..He would have started his sophomore year that following Tuesday. He still had so much life left..
       Jesus Padilla(21) was convicted of second degree murder and armed criminal actions after he admitted to slashing Joey across the throat with a knife when Joey interceded a fight between Padilla and Joey's younger brother.( Crimesceneinvestigation) He left a laceration 4 inches wide and 3\4 inches deep.(Stone County Chronicle) Padilla was served with 15 years in prison.
    It's sad to me that two lives were lost that day. Joey's to murder and Padilla's to his crime. Joey will miss out on uncountable memories in his life; memories that one should never have to miss, especially under these circumstances. Padilla threw his life away..He will be approximately 36 when he leaves prison with a murder on his record. He will not likely get a job, and most importantly, he will have to live every moment of everyday for the rest of his life knowing exactly what he has done. That to me is the best justice of all.
  
Joey is gone...but he's still here in a way. I still feel him around me. I still have him in my heart and on my mind. He still means the world to me. I still love him. He's in my memories. He's in my laughter and all my smiles. he's in the way the sun shines and the way the rain falls. He's still here with us. He's not gone, just merely in a different room.  heart emoticon


Poem for Joey
(written on August 9th, 2014)
We said forever
Promised it to be true
But I guess forever
Is shorter than I ever knew
I still feel you with me
In the cold of the night
I swear I see you
In the beauty of the light
I hear your voice
In every sound thats made
The memories of you
Shall never fade
You never left me
Youll be here every step of the way
I feel you with me
Every second of every day
So when we promised forever
That promise stands true
Because forever youll be with me
In everything I do heart emoticon 

  
      

No comments:

Post a Comment