Wednesday, September 30, 2015

It's because I'm a girl...

" You can't do that, I'm a girl." " Never hit a girl."

Two examples of things I hear all the time. Two examples of something that irritates me. Here is season three of things that I think.

It is pounded into the heads of young men since day one, that it is not okay to lay a hand on a woman. Ever. Under any circumstance. I think that's stupid. If a female is gonna hit you, then there is no reason you can't defend yourself. Genitalia has nothing to do with anything. If you feel threatened, then you can defend yourself.

Instead of teaching people to "not hit her because she's a woman." how about we teach them not to hit anyone because there a person. No gender difference. No race difference. No difference. If you lay a hand on me, I'm going to defend myself. I'm not gonna sit there and take it because you happen to have a vagina. That's total BS. Obviously, that doesn't apply to me, because it's not considered wrong for a female to hit another female. Which, again, is wrong. A person should not hit another person. Plain and simple.

There should never be any cases of "you can't do that because you're a girl," or " you can't do that to me because I'm a girl" If you want to be treated equally, then that includes everything. Equality across the board.

1 comment:

  1. Great post - language can be so powerful. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete