Thursday, September 17, 2015

Reachin' for a cup

About a month into working, I was blessed with a beautiful new addition to my face. My co-worker, or rather ex coworker, was reaching for a cup and accidentally hit my face. That picture above was about two weeks after the incident. Although it hurt, I found it rather humorous. My mother on the other hand, did not. I thought it made me look tough, and got me a lot of sympathy surveys- which my boss used to her advantage. I tried covering it up with concealer at first, which was a very unpleasant experience, and I soon gave up.
    I look tough right? I thought so. I look like a warrior, fierce beyond compare! Not really. But, I like to think so. I need a better story. Something like, I fought off a wild animal, or I saved a person in distress! An elderly lady was getting robbed and I fought off the 6 foot dude! Yes, very fierce. Fear me!
     About 3-4 months later, and I am still feeling the affects. That side of my nose doesn't work, and it still hurts. I don't know if that is normal.. Maybe, maybe not. Whose to say? I like that picture. I look strong! I did finish off my shift that night, and then I went home and died. Well, not really, obviously, or who would be writing this? My ghost? WOOOO that was a ghost noise. Pretty accurate, right? Thanks.
 Moral of the story is, do not reach for a cup.  

No comments:

Post a Comment