Thursday, September 10, 2015

I don't want to hear it anymore!

9/10/15
“People will question all the good things they hear about you, but believe all the bad without a second thought.”(Unknown)
This by far may be one of the truest things I have ever heard/read. Judgemental people and just stereotypical thoughts that have been engraved into the minds of our society has to be the biggest pet peeve/ irritation in my life. I cannot tolerate it, and I will not stand for it. I will say what I think on this issue. You don't like what I have to say? Sorry. You don't want to listen to that I have to say? Cool. But, I will say it. I will say it loud and proud and as many times as need be till I get my point across. And what I have to say, my opinions, as so every single person's, matter to someone. They are important.
That being said, I believe I will begin my daily rant about the judgement on famous people, or to be more specific, Marilyn Manson. I have heard every rude comment that I could possibly think of about that man, most having no legitimate backing. I have heard him called a satanist; I have heard him called a disgrace to the music industry; and I have heard him blamed for the Columbine.
In Michael Moore’s “ Bowling for Columbine( I will list the link down below) Marilyn Manson is called out by name as the cause of the columbine. In his interview Manson says “ The two byproducts of  that whole tragedy were violence in entertainment and gun control. And how perfect that that was the two things we were gonna talk about with the upcoming election…..the president was shooting bombs overseas, yet I’m a bad guy cause I sing some rock and roll songs. And whose a bigger influence, the President or Marilyn Manson?” For him being such a “ horrid person” I for one feel that that is an intellectual argument that has a strong backing..at least stronger than blaming him for the Columbine. When asked what he would say to those children involved in the Columbine Manson responded with “ I wouldn’t say a single word to them. I would listen to what they have to say and that’s what no one did.” Hmm, such a terrible person, eh?
In 1997 on a show called Politically Incorrect, Marilyn Manson along with a few others were interviewed with some very controversial topics. To start off the interview G. Gordan Liddy says one statement that gave me the utmost respect for him. He said, “Here you have a guy(in reference to Manson) who, as far as I know, has never even been busted an impersonating human being or anything. And I’ve got nine felonies, for which I am totally repellent and HE is supposed to be the bad guy. Now what’s going on?” That is a good question. What is going on? Why is he being blamed and judged without any liable reasoning? Right now the whole saying on “be who you want to be” is really big. I agree with that saying 100%. With the passing of gay marriage, and  all things related, that general idea has become really big. Later in the same interview as previously mentioned, Manson says, “I want them to consider if everything they’ve been taught, if that’s what they want to believe or if that’s what they’ve been told that they have to believe.” Is that not the same idea as being told to be yourself? How is what he says any different than what anyone else says? So, maybe he words it a little differently. Maybe he accompanies his opinions with actions that some may find controversial. But, if you break down, look deeper into the actual context of that he is saying, it is the same thing as what we as a whole are trying to say. Be who you want to be
“ To often we judge people on too little information. Instead of judging someone for what they do or where they are in their life, figure out why they do what they do and how they got where they are.”


Marilyn Manson on the Columbine : "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NOFSOeOBsk"
Manson on Politically Incorrect: "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tco6_-yP40

1 comment:

  1. Very nice post indeed. Maybe if we spent more time judging ourselves, we would not have room to judge others? Thank you for making me think. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete