Monday, September 28, 2015

Try to Understand

I feel like we all have little quirks about us, or things that we think, that others may not understand or agree with. I thought i'd write about some of mine. Maybe some people will see my point of few, others may judge it. That's  whatever. To each their own. This may turn into a mini series. We'll see where this goes.

    One thing that I strongly believe and could debate for hours, is that we need to try to understand the perspective of criminals. I don't believe people are born evil, or cruel. I don't believe people are born with the capability and desire to commit such heinous crimes. I think that for someone to bring themselves to do that, there is a reason. Whether it may be a personal experience that changed them or maybe a mental thing, there is a reason. We seem to be quick to judge out of anger, fear, and pain, which is understandable, however I feel we need to see their perspective. We seem to think that people who commit crimes are evil, hateful people, which isn't true, in my personal beliefs at least. We just need to try to see everyone's perspective, yes what they did is wrong. Yes they need to be punished. no they are not evil. Try to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment