Monday, September 14, 2015

Home

9/14/15
I hear all these songs and read stories about people reminiscing their hometown and it always gets me thinking...in the general sense of a hometown I would have to say mine is Grand Meadow, Minnesota. That's the town that, although I didn't spend long periods straight there, it has always been a constant. I grew up with the people there and the atmosphere. I enjoy that town, although the reason behind going there I do not. I went there to “visit” my biological father, and spent my time roaming the roads and getting to know every corner of that town. I've spent a rather long time in Spokane as I did in Florida too, but I never really knew the people or felt in place with the atmosphere. That being said, Grand Meadow may be my hometown, it is not my Home. When thinking of my home I would have to say, without hesitation, that my home is my mother. She's always been there;never leaving me to question her love. She's supported me through all the struggles I've had to face and has been on my side no matter how many times I've messed up.( and that's a lot!) She taught me my morals and has raised me with many of the qualities that make me who I am today. She's always made sure that I have what I need, even though it means she may have to work a little more or go without. She's been my rock and it's always been me and her against the world. No matter where I go , which ever road I decide to travel, I know in my heart that she will always be there. That is, without a doubt, the truest definition of a home that I know.
“ Home is not a place..it’s a feeling” Unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment